Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Best Wedding Proposals


I was surfing on The Knots website, and stumbled upon 50 best wedding proposals...Thought this would tie in nicely with my last post :)

I picked my favorite ones and thought I would share them with you...


-Get a ring size chart and ask your girlfriend to look up her size. When she accuses you of ruining the surprise that you're shopping for a ring, say, "Okay, try this one instead," and show her that you've already shopped for a ring.

-Make your own message in a bottle. On the night before a beach day you've planned, write a love poem on a piece of parchment paper, roll it into an antique bottle with a cork, and bury it in a well-marked spot in the sand near your towels. Be sure you "find" the bottle as you dig together -- and have the ring at the ready.

-Spell your proposal out in glow-in-the-dark star stickers on your ceiling. Get into bed, turn the lights off, and wait for the inevitable gasp. (This would scare the living daylights out of me...but it's still clever.)

-Create a personalized fortune cookie with your own proposal message.


-Slip the ring on her finger while she's sleeping and wake her with champagne and strawberries. At first, the gesture will simply seem romantic -- the real surprise comes when she notices her new piece of jewelry.


-Upload a video of your proposal on YouTube (tell her you have a hysterical home movie to show her).


To see more proposal ideas please visit; http://wedding.theknot.com/getting-engaged/marriage-proposals/articles/50-romantic-ways-to-propose.aspx


Another idea I had thought of was to purchase a bracelet and have it engraved "marry me" (as pictured above) Tiffany & Co. used to have this available, it has been since discontinued. I think this makes a great proposal and an amazing gift at the same time!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds truly beautiful dear and your post reminded me of my wedding proposal at event venues Chicago. Actually we had been to a common friend’s wedding there and he proposed me there which was surprising.

    ReplyDelete